Prayer Partners consists of two members of our community meeting together for weekly Bible study, prayer, and spiritual growth consistently for a semester. Anyone in the community can sign up for a partner! Most pairings happen at the beginning of a semester, but we will do our best to continue to match people all year. If you'd like to sign up, fill out the form below. Email the Rev. Eric Holloway at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Time with your prayer partner each week is intended for your own spiritual growth, to deepen your connection to our community, and to be intentional about setting aside time for prayer and scripture in your busy schedule.
Each prayer partner gathering will be unique to each set partnership. Be creative. Be open. Listen deeply. Know there is no “right” way to do this. Tread without fear.
It is recommended that you meet in person at least once a week. Check in with one another via email or text throughout the week!
In case you need a few suggestions to get you started, all of the following are good places to start.
- Open and close with a prayer
- Do a basic check-in. Share the rose (best moment), thorn (worst moment), and bud (thing to which you are looking forward) of the past week.
- Look at the readings that will be used during the coming Sunday service and have a discussion about them.
- Weekly passages may be found here: http://www.lectionarypage.net/
- Easy questions to get you started with a Bible Study:
- What seems to be happening in this text?
- Where am I in this text?
- Where are we in this text?
- Look to the saint who is commemorated on this particular day. Reflect on how their life might have something to teach you today.
o Daily Lectionary: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/lectionary-calendar
- Explore a spiritual practice, such as Iganatian prayer or the Daily Examen.
- We’re happy to talk with you more about this if you’re interested!
- Apps that we find incredibly helpful
- Lectionary: The Official Common Worship Calendar, Church of England
- Sunday Lectionary
- Jesuit Prayer
We would love to be invited to meet with you & your partner on occasion throughout the semester! Please don’t hesitate to be in touch so we know how to best hold you in our prayers.